Terms & Conditions
This Site is created and maintained by Leeds Federated Housing Association Ltd (“Leeds Fed”). You will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms when you use, access or browse the Site, register your details with us or subscribe for email or online services or send us an email.
Leeds Fed may change these Terms from time to time. Please check these Terms regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of the Site shows acceptance of any changes to the terms and conditions.
In these Terms:
1. references to 'you', 'your' and 'yours' are references to the person(s) accessing the Site; and
2.references to ‘us, ‘we’, 'Leeds Fed' are references to Leeds Federated Housing Association Ltd (as defined above).
Leeds Fed makes every effort to ensure this Site contains accurate information, however please be aware we make no representations or warranties, either express or implied, as to its accuracy.
In no event will Leeds Fed be liable for any direct, indirect, special incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of the information held on the Site. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site (including ensuring that the right equipment is available to use the Site and to filter out anything that may damage it or your computer or other equipment) and for ensuring that your arrangements are adequate for you to be able to comply with the requirements of these Terms.
We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or the entirety of the Site.
The material, including text, images, sound and video, featured on this Site is copyright to Leeds Fed unless otherwise indicated. It may not be reproduced in any form unless authorisation is obtained from Leeds Fed.
For permission to use any content please contact Hannah Jowett on hannah.jowett at lfha.co.uk or tel 0113 386 1172.
Acceptable use policy
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may NOT use our Site for:
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose, intent or effect;
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person in any way; To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (as set out above);
- To interfere with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Site, including (but not limited to) by disrupting the normal flow of dialogue or activities available on or through the Site;
- To make, transmit or store electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner;
- To transmit, or secure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Use of the Site
This Site must only be used for lawful purposes. Your use must not infringe on the rights of others, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site for others. All the content on the Site, and third party information/links, are provided without representation or endorsement and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied. Leeds Federated will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from using, or in connection with, using this Site, or unauthorised or unlawful use of any of its content by other parties; or from inaccuracies, omissions or interpretation of any content.
We cannot guarantee that the Site or its content is fully operational all of the time, nor can we guarantee that it is fully accurate, reliable or error free; that defects will be corrected or that the Site or server is virus/bug free and the information is up to date. We are not liable if any area(s) of the Site are down at any point. We are also not responsible for opinions that visitors post on the Site.
By posting any information on the Site this automatically allows us to use the material you contribute however we see reasonable on a free of charge basis in other media worldwide. This content may be moderated. Where appropriate we can remove inappropriate content, but are under no obligation to do so. It is at our discretion as to whether content is published and if anything is deemed unacceptable we reserve the right to remove this. Comments and posts from other users and visitors of the Site are their own opinions and not that of Leeds Federated, therefore we are not responsible for them and cannot guarantee their accuracy or quality.
If you think any content is incorrect or not fully functional please let us know via the contact us form.
Contributions to the Site:
- must be accurate, genuinely held and compliant with UK or relevant laws;
- must not defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten, impersonate any person or violate legal rights of others; include inappropriate/unlawful material; be commercial advertising or equivalent to; advertise goods or services or promotes surveys etc.; linked to any illegal activity; show any personal information for yourself or others; contain website links; or falsify origins of sources.
It is the responsibility of any parent or guardian to oversee the use of the Site by children. Under-18s must have consent to submit any information on the Site.
With your permission, we may use your photos in magazines, newsletters, annual reports, the Site, and social media (including Facebook and Twitter). We will try to tell you about any other use where possible.
Eforms (Electronic Forms)
Our Site uses electronic forms, where you will enter personal details. This information will only be used for the purposes stated on the form.
Our Site is for everyone and we want everyone to enjoy it. Should you find something you are not happy with or find content that you think is unacceptable in any way or incorrect, please let us know and we will investigate further.
Should you have a specific enquiry or problem, or want to find out more about Leeds Fed services, please visit the contact us page for details on how to get in touch.
Find advice on how to keep yourself safe online on www.getsafeonline.org.
Linking by Leeds Fed to external sites
We are not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites and listing should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We have no control over the availability of linked pages.
No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision of them.
These Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. We do not accept amendments to these terms.
The Data Protection Act 1998 is designed to protect your personal data and sets rules for processing this information. The Act says that those who record and use personal information must be open about how the information is used and must make sure it is handled properly.
The Act says that information about you must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept for longer than is necessary
- processed in line with your rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
By law, we are required to keep to these principles.